CIOR / CIOMR / CISOR Summer Congress 2023
Where to stay
Accommodation and How to Arrive from the Airport to Hotels
You may also book your room at Scandic directly from the hotel by phone or by email.
The guaranteed prices are available by mentioning the booking code BSUO240623 for Scandic Hotels and code G1RESA for the Hilton Helsinki Strand.
From Helsinki-Vantaa Airport to Helsinki
Taxi pricing in Finland is only reliable if specifically agreed upon beforehand. Taxi from Helsinki airport to the city centre is anywhere from 35-50 euros.
We recommend using the train to transit between the airport and the central railway station in the heart of the city:
- Make your way to the train station under the airport terminal. It is a short walk from the arrivals terminal. There is only one train station, so follow the signs in the terminal after baggage claim.
- Buy the ticket at the platform (HSL app or ticket machine on the platform). The ticket for zones ABC costs 4,10 euros.
- Board the I or P train (whichever is first). Both trains go to Helsinki city centre (last station) Helsinki Railway station. The same HSL ABC ticket can be used for later connections metro, busses and trams for 90 minutes from purchase.
Please note that if you plan to buy a ticket valid for several days, you only need an AB ticket for your journeys in downtown Helsinki.
Consider purchasing tickets valid for more than 48 hours in downtown Helsinki after arriving at your hotel since the ABC zones ticket is more expensive than the AB zones ticket. More information on at the local traffic company site: www.hsl.fi/en/tickets-and-fares/day-tickets
You can buy single and day tickets in advance at some ticket machines and kiosks and other sales and service points. The tickets are loaded on disposable cardboard cards.
When you start your first journey, show the card to a card reader on a bus, tram or train or to a card reader at the top of escalators to the metro platform area. You only need to show the card to a card reader. You do not need to press any buttons. The reader makes a beep sound, and the display shows the ticket information. You can check the expiry time of the ticket at any time by holding your card in the reading area. Please protect your card from magnets.
The tickets are valid from showing the card to a card reader at the start of your first journey. After the first journey, you only need to show the ticket on the buses. On trains, trams, and the metro, you only need to show your ticket if a conductor or ticket inspector asks you.
Last leg from Helsinki Railway Station to the hotels:
- Walk to the hotel (300m) from the Helsinki Railway Station. Exit the Railway station Rautatientori direction (Vilhonkatu) .
- Use the tram; the stop is in front of the main exit on Kaivokatu Street. You can use lines 3 (Meilahti), 6 (Arabia via Sörnänen) or 9 (Linjat). Leave the tram at Kaisaniemi (2 nd stop on your journey)
Hotel Scandic Paasi and Hotel Hilton Helsinki Strand
- From the Helsinki railway station, head to the underground metro station. The entrance to the metro is next to the main exit, towards Kaivokatu Street. All the lines operate from the same platform. Choose the metro M1 or M2 to Vuosaari or Mellunmäki direction via Itäkeskus.
- Leave Leave the metro at the Hakaniemi (2nd stop on your journey), just after Helsinki University stop.
- Walk to the hotel (under 100m).
Hotel Scandic Paasi
Paasivuorenkatu 5 B, 00530 Helsinki
100m from Paasitorni
- 129 € single room / day
- 149 € double room / day
Phone +358 10 808002
Hotel Scandic Hakaniemi
Siltasaarenkatu 14, 00530 Helsinki
300m from Paasitorni
- 109 € single room / day
- 129 € double room / day
Phone +358 9 68999034
Hotel Hilton Helsinki Strand
John Stenbergin ranta 4, 00530 Helsinki
500m from Paasitorni
- 155 € single room / day
- 175 € double room / day
Phone +358 9 39351
For the Hilton Strand in Helsinki, bookings can be made via email or phone. Their email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and their direct phone number is +358 9 39351. The hotel will ask for the reservation code G1RESA. The hotel will also ask for credit card information to verify the reservation.
Hotel Scandic Grand Central
Vilhonkatu 13, 00100 Helsinki
1200m from Paasitorni
- 143 € single room / day
- 163 € double room / day
Puhelin +358 200 81800
Hotel Scandic Simonkenttä
Simonkatu 9, 00100 HELSINKI
For this hotel, which has been added later than the others, please use this booking link: www.scandichotels.fi?bookingcode=BSUR240623
- 139 € single room / day
- 129 € double room / day
Phone +358 10 808002
YROW accommodation at Hotel Arthur
Vuorikatu 19, 00100 Helsinki
900m from Paasitorni, in
Hotel Arthur: Hotelarthur.fi
Reception email: email@example.com
Hotel Reception phone: +358 9 173 441
Hotel Sales Team* email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel Sales Team* phone: +358 9 1734 4200
Please book by email or by phone if you have not booked your room by Thursday, 25 May.
*Sales Team operates: Mon-Thu 8:00am-7:00pm and Fri 8:00-4:00pm